In healthy relationships both partners give and take. However, sometimes it happens that one partner is invested in a relationship more than the other. If such behavior continues, it may be because you are in a relationship with a selfish person or maybe you are such.
Below is a list of 7 qualities which selfish people show when they are in relationships.
- The other person is always wrong. Such people believe that their opinions are the right ones even if they can’t prove them. They believe they know more than anyone else and it makes them feel superior over others. They make bad partners because whatever you do, you always do it wrong in their eyes.
- Plans are made that don’t involve the other one. If you constantly go out or make plans without involving your partner in them, you are selfish. No one wants to be left out or abandoned especially in a relationship. When you are in a healthy relationship, you want to spend as much time as possible with your other half and if you don’t feel this need, you are in a relationship for the wrong reasons.
- They don’t know their partner’s needs. A selfish partner doesn’t know what’s going on in your life because he simply doesn’t care. He won’t ask how your day was and he won’t notice that something is bothering you.
- They constantly threaten to leave if they don’t get their way. They don’t compromise because they don’t want to. Their needs are what matters to them the most and if they don’t get what they want, they know that the only way to get it is to make you afraid that they will leave you.
- They expect you to listen to them but they never listen to you. Are you one of those who want your partner to listen to all your problems but you don’t want to hear theirs? It is one of the most selfish behaviors. Asking your partner to hear you out but not wanting to listen to them is what makes your relationship toxic.
- They’re overly critical of everything. Selfish people are unhappy about everything. Even when everything seems to be going right, they will find something wrong. Selfish partners want to spend time with their other halves when it is convenient to them but when their partners ask their time, they refuse to give it to them.
- They withhold intimacy. In order to punish you for something you have done, they will withhold having sex. It can go to as far as your partner cheating on you and telling you that you made them do it by not giving them what they wanted.